Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bike Ride in Wissahickon Valley Park

This past weekend we were supposed to go camping, but Hurricane Daniel had other plans. The rain kept us from committing to tent camping. Instead, we bought a puppy! But before Buddy entered the picture, we went on a nice exploratory bike ride in Wissahickon Valley Park. It is a great because we can bike there from our house. I previously posted pictures from one of my rides there. On this trip, we went exploring a bit more than I ever had when I was alone. It turns out that there are some beautiful crushed limestone paths. It is a beautiful park, and it really reminds me a lot of Tennessee.

Here are some pictures from the ride:

Did you know that there is a physics equation that explains why at some places the river looks like it isn't moving but just a little ways down the river it looks like it is rushing? Neither did I, but Matt did.

Next time, I want to find out where this bridge and path go.

To all ya'll in Tennessee - doesn't this remind you of home or at least the Smokies??

Matt is enjoying the view from the pretty stone bridge, but is questioning my need to take lots of pictures.

Yay for biking!

Pretty rushing water that was pretty chilly!

Matt was skipping stones / making huge splashes with giant rocks.

Until I warned him to look for snakes, which he took as his cue to go back to biking.

No comments:

Post a Comment